The Essex Field Club datasearch system
allows to you obtain specialist datasearch reports. Reports are provided as downloadable pdf documents with a spreadsheet csv file option and are customised to an area of your choosing. Please see our Datasearch Terms of Service
page for full details. Once you start a request, you can save changes at any time and return to complete this later. We can currently provide access to 2,742,088 records for 14,176 species. across a wide range of groups
. This includes access to an independently held database of over 27,000 mammal records, data held by the Essex Amphibian & Reptile Group and county recorder records for a wide range of taxonomic groups, all information that is not available to any other organisation. We can now provide access to the partnership's Essex Birdwatching Society bird data for the years 2013-2015.
Species information is provided on:
- Protected Species
- Priority Section 41 Species
- National Red List and Scarce Species
- Essex Red Data List Species
- Invasive species
- Invertebrate Assemblage Information for the search area 1km squares.
There is the option to choose information on all species records for the search area, but the resultant report may be very large indeed.
Site information is provided on:
- Nature Improvement Areas
- Buglife's B-Lines network for flowers and pollinators
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Protection Areas
- Ramsar Sites
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest
- Local Nature Reserves
- Country Parks
- Common Land
- Ancient Woodland Inventory sites
- Wood-Pasture and Parkland BAP Priority Habitat Inventory
- Traditional Orchard Inventory sites
- Natural England’s Priority Habitats’ Inventory (PHI)
- All of a Buzz in Thames Gateway sites
We can now also provide information on geological sites
which are of county and local importance for their scientific, historical and/or educational value, as well as those designated as SSSI geological sites.