Essex Field Club on Facebook

Video about the Club

Stathmopoda pedella
find out more... Stathmopoda pedella 1 Copyright: Stephen Rolls

Essex Field Club
Essex Field Club
registered charity
no 1113963
HLF Logo A-Z Page Index

Visit Our Centre

EFC Centre at Wat Tyler Country ParkWe are normally open to the public at our centre at Wat Tyler Country Park every Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday 11am-4pm, check. We are also open on Wednesdays 10am-4pm.
Autumn recording Record Grey Squirrel Record Fly Agaric
Record Ivy Bee
Record Wild Teasel
Record Sloe, Blackthorn
Record Garden Spider Record Nigma walckenaeri spider

Site Account

Help provide information on sites of natural history interest by adding new site accounts using our site form and collaborating on existing accounts. All logged on users can edit this account and add new sites.

The Dell, built by Alfred Russel Wallace, TQ617786

show OS map    

Status: Access:

Summary: Alfred Russel Wallace was elected an honorary member of the Essex Field Club at the inaugural meeting of the Club in 1880. He lived in The Dell between 1872 and 1876. See also The Alfred Russel Wallace Memorial Fund website and Thurrock Local History Society website for more information.


Reason for interest:



sorry, no pictures available for this site yet - if you have an image please upload it

page last edited on Mon May 25th 2009 by site user 3

A-Z Site Index