What we do
- We undertake the reliable recording of the flora, fauna and geology of the county and the development of better understanding of the distribution, status, ecology, phenology and autecology of species
- The Club’s County Recorders compile, maintain and verify the primary non-bird biological database for the county
- We compile, maintain and publish the Essex Red Data list for the county.
- The Club has a key role in nature conservation and the support of the Essex Biodiversity Action Plan
- We promote the publication of natural history guides, surveys and scientific work for Essex
- The Club incorporates specialist mammal, bird, invertebrate, flowering plant, fungi and geology groups
- We hold up to 50 field meetings each year at which beginners are welcome