The Essex Field Club datasearch system
allows to you obtain specialist datasearch reports. Reports are provided as downloadable pdf documents with a spreadsheet csv file option and are customised to an area of your choosing. Please see our Datasearch Terms of Service
page for full details. Once you start a request, you can save changes at any time and return to complete this later. We can currently provide access to 4,154,796 records for 15,072 species. across a wide range of groups
. As well as Essex Bat Group data, this includes access to data held by the Essex Amphibian & Reptile Group, Essex Birdwatching Society bird and county recorder records for a wide range of taxonomic groups, all information that is not available to any other organisation.
Species information is provided on:
- Protected Species
- Priority Section 41 Species
- National Red List and Scarce Species
- Essex Red Data List Species
- Invasive species
- Invertebrate Assemblage Information for the search area 1km squares.
There is the option to choose information on all species records for the search area, but the resultant report may be very large indeed.
Site information is provided on:
- Nature Improvement Areas
- Buglife's B-Lines network for flowers and pollinators
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Protection Areas
- Ramsar Sites
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Local Nature Reserves
- Country Parks
- Common Land
- Ancient Woodland Inventory sites
- Wood-Pasture and Parkland BAP Priority Habitat Inventory
- Traditional Orchard Inventory sites
- Natural England’s Priority Habitats’ Inventory (PHI)
- All of a Buzz in Thames Gateway sites
- Notified Local Geological Sites
- Potential Local Geological Sites
We also provide information on geological sites local importance for their scientific, historical and/or educational value, as well as those designated as SSSI geological sites.